Mausiqui Studios presents
Jammu & Kashmir’s
biggest musical talent hunt
7 – 8 JAN, 2021
10 AM – 1 PM (for Registrations)
10 – 11 JAN, 2021
10 AM – 1 PM (for Registrations)
For any queries, please call us at +91 9820658000 or 9820659000
CASH AWARD & CERTIFICATE
Roll of Honor &
total prize money of
NEW BAND & MENTORSHIP
Winners will form a new fusion band
with Sukhwinder Singh, Dilshad Shaikh as mentors
ALBUM & LIVE SHOWS SUPPORT
Mausiqui Studios’ platform & support for first music album and Indian / global events & concerts
& Qualifier Process
Make a video of your musical talent
If you are a singer, send us a video of you singing. If you are a musician, send us a video of you playing an instrument. If you can do both, send us one video that captures both your talents.
Send us the video & your ID proof
Whatsapp your video on +91 9820658000 or +91 9820659000 with your details as the format below:
Full Name: XXXXXX
Date Of Birth: XXXXX
Email ID: XXXXXX
Mobile Number: +91-XXXXXXXXXX
Local Address: XXXXXXX
Attachment 1: Scanned image of your Aadhar card or Voter ID
If shortlisted, audition with us
If our judges love your video, you’ll get an invitation call or email or Whatsapp message from us for the on-ground auditions.
If you do not hear from us, we’d love to meet you next year again.
& Qualifier Process
Come to audition-venue, share your details
If you missed online applications, come to the audition-venue and provide your details on-spot.
Please note, if you applied online, but were not shortlisted, a repeat application here will not be accepted
Appear for on-the-spot qualifier
If you are eligible and not a repeat-applicant, you will be taken to a short on-the-spot qualifier. More details about this will be shared soon.
Please note that this is a first-come, first-serve process with limited slots, due to logistic challenges. Please arrive at the earliest to reserve a spot.
If shortlisted, proceed to auditions
If you clear the qualifier, you’ll be taken forward to the auditions, preferably on the same day. In auditions, you will be considered at par with candidates shortlisted via the online process.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Contestants should be a permanent resident of J&K or born in the Union Territory.
- Contestants should be in the age group of 18 to 35 years.
- Contestants should be a vocalist or any instrument player, or both.
- Contestants presently working with the Indian Army or with any direct bureaucratic affiliations should connect with the core team for more details on eligibility.
- Contestants who are currently tested COVID positive will not be eligible for any processes. participation
Online Entry T&Cs
- Please ensure that your submitted video file is functioning well, with clear & stable audio/video. The management will be unable to support any technical errors with the files sent.
- Make sure there is enough light in the room so that your face is visible. Any candidate found using impersonation or other unfair means (e.g. lip sync) will be disqualified.
- A self-declaration form will soon be released before the auditions or online qualifiers start. You are requested to read it carefully, and be ready to sign in, as needed.
- The application (online / on-ground) entry process implicitly assumes that you agree to the declaration form and have furnished correct details via Whatsapp.
- For any queries, call us at +91 9820658000 or 9820659000
On-Ground Entry T&Cs
- If you are an instrumentalist, please bring your own musical instruments for the audition.
- For special-heavy equipment (e.g.) drums, please get more clarity by calling us at +91 9820658000 or 9820659000
- Microphones and a basic sound system will be provided.
- Kindly carry your Aadhar card or Voter ID in original form, without proper age and address proof, entry will not be permitted.
- Kindly carry a COVID-negative report, your own masks &sanitizers. Entry will not be permitted without a mask.
- No food, water, or refreshments will be provided at the venue, due to current COVID-based restrictions.
- Please maintain social distance at all times. All health norms will be mandatory throughout the process.
MENTORS & JUDGES
Sukhwinder Singh is an internationally acclaimed Indian playback singer. In his illustrious career spanning two decades, Sukhwinder has lent his voice to songs in various languages, including Hindi, Punjabi, Telugu, Tamil, Marathi & Urdu.
Sukhwinder’s discography includes international chartbusters like “Jai Ho” from the film Slumdog Millionaire and “Chaiyya Chaiyya” from Mani Ratnam’s 1998 film Dil Se…
His songs have won many accolades like Academy Award for Best Original Song, Grammy Award for Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media, & multiple Filmfare / other awards.
Naseem -ul-Haq is a renowned Kashmiri Singer and Music Composer from Jammu & Kashmir. His light classical style of singing is highly distinguished by the local and global musical audiences.
Naseem has represented music from Jammu & Kashmir internationally, and has been recognized by Senators of Australia and New Zealand for sharing Kashmiri Folk Music with the world. He has also been honored as a A-grade artist by All India Radio, DD Kashmir and DD National among others.
Naseem currently serves as the Cultural Officer of the School Education Department of Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir.
Ms. Shazia Bashir
Shazia is a renowned singer from Anantnag, with performances across Australia, UK, Dubai, Turkey, and in India’s Zee SaReGaMa, among others.
Shazia is the recipient of the title “Best singer 2007” in a singing competition Named “Miley Sur” (DD Kashmir), “Ustad Bismillah Khan Award”, Best Female vocalist honor from Sangeet Natak Academy and Nayeem Akhter Memorial Award and many more.
Shazia has been felicitated by the Hon. Minister for Agriculture, J&K Government, Taj Group of Hotels. She has also been honoured to judge for “Jashne Baramullah” and “Choona hai Aasmaan”, famed music talent hunt events.
FAQs on Eligibility
Q. Do I need to have a permanent address in J&K to participate?
A. Only permanent residents of J&K or people born in J&K can participate in the talent hunt.
Q. Is there an age-group for being eligible for participation?
A. Contestants should be over 18 years of age and below 35 years to participate in the talent hunt.
Q. Can working professionals participate?
A. Yes, at the talent-hunt stage, all adult local citizens including students, working professionals and homemakers are welcome to apply. Contestants currently with Indian Armed Forces should contact the organizing team for any additional criteria.
FAQs on Participation
Q. How do I enter the talent hunt?
A. A contestant can enter the talent hunt, either through online auditions or through on-ground auditions in the cities of Srinagar or Jammu. The details of these auditions is given in the sections above.
Q. Do sending a video mandatory, or can I directly come for on-ground auditions?
A. Contestants can enter the talent hunt either by sending their videos and details in prescribed form through WhatsApp or can enter directly through on-ground auditions in Srinagar or Jammu on specified dates.
Q. How long should my online audition video be?
A. The organizers have not stated any time limit for the video for online auditions. It is recommended that the video be long enough for the judges to gauge the talent of the artist, at the same time be concise enough for transfer via WhatsApp.
Q. What identity proofs do I need to submit to participate?
A. Voter ID or Aadhar can be submitted as identity proofs for participating in the talent hunt.
FAQs on Event Facilities
Q. Will the organizers reimburse my travel or other expenses for the audition?
A. No. The organizers will not reimburse any personal expenses incurred by the contestant like travel, lodging etc. for the auditions.
Q. Do I have to pay any fee to enter the talent hunt?
A. No. Contestants do not have to pay any fee whatsoever to enter the talent hunt. The contestants have to bear personal expenses they may incur for their travel etc.
FAQs on Key Dates
Q. Where and when are on-ground auditions scheduled?
On-ground auditions would be conducted in the cities of Srinagar and Jammu as per the date and time mentioned in the sections above.
Q. When will the results for the online qualifier & on-ground auditions be declared?
A. The expected dates of the online qualifier and on-ground auditions will be released shortly on this website.
ABOUT MAUSIQUI STUDIOS
Mausiqui is Music!
Mausiqui is Love!
Mausiqui is Life!
Mausiqui Studios is a music label built by those who love, live, and breathe music. Dilshad Shaikh and Akshay Asthana started Mausiqui Studios to provide a platform for untapped talent from Jammu & Kashmir. Mausiqui studios’ dream is to take the musical talent from Paradise on Earth to the world at large.
Love Music? Join us on our journey.
Dilshaad has composed music for various films and has collaborated with AR Rahman on hits like ‘Rang De Basanti,’ ‘Blue,’ and ‘Kisna.
Dilshaad has been associated with A R Rahman for over 13 years.
Akshay Asthana is a marketing and advertising professional.
Akshay has built over 50 consumer brands with the top global marketing agencies and is acclaimed across corporate circles for mass media initiatives.
Raashid Zaffar Doolwal
Rashid has worked on legal cases for prestigious clients in the Media/Entertainment industry such as Indian Performing Rights Society, Phonographic Performance Ltd, Indian Music Industry & many noted studios & banners.